Shenango Valley Cemetery

Greenville, PA

Shenango Valley Cemetery Chapel Shenango Valley Cemetery Columbarium Shenango Valley Cemetery Shenango Valley Cemetery Shenango Valley Cemetery Bible Shenango Valley Cemetery Mausoleum

Shenango Valley Cemetery

Greenville, PA



Shenango Valley Cemetery

The Shenango Valley Cemetery is located in Greenville, PA resting between the little Shenango River and Thiel College with its entrance at 53 College Ave.  The cemetery was incorporated on June 7, 1865, and was one of the first in Mercer County to offer perpetual care.  With 68 developed acres, thousands of family members have found a peaceful resting place for more than 13,000 loved ones, including more than 1,000 veterans.

Perpetual Care

Shenango Valley Cemetery was one of the first modern cemeteries in Mercer County to offer perpetual care.

  • Upkeep and necessary care of lots and graves.
  • Maintenance, repair and renewal of borders, drives, enclosures, and necessary buildings.

Future Plans

Future plans call for the establishment of a pet cemetery, adjacent to the present cemetery grounds.

Points Of Interest

Field of FLags

Field of Flags

Our field of flags, located in section H, has the county’s only Cannon Ball Memorial to salute the Grand Army of the Republic. It provides a constant tribute to family, friends, and neighbors that paid the ultimate sacrifice of giving their life with interment of veterans dating back to the Revolutionary War.

Mausoleum

Mausoleum

The mausoleum was built in 1904 and contains 312 vaults. It is located in the middle of the cemetery in section O. A few crypts are still available for purchase. To date, 299 individuals are interred in the mausoleum.

Columbarium

Columbarium

The 48 niche Columbarium is located in section 2 behind the mausoleum. A Columbarium niche provides space for two cremains and eliminates the purchase of a memorial and/or stone.

Cremorial Garden

cremorial

The Cremorial Garden is located in section 9A directly behind the chapel. The garden provides 3’x3′ lots for up to two creamins.

Chapel

Chapel

The Chapel was built in 1958 and provides a quiet and private place for grieving families. Use of the Chapel is free of charge for committal services.

The Bible

bible

The Bible, located in the Memorial Gardens, section 8A, was added in 1967. Psalms 23 is inscribed on the bronze plate.


Cemetery Board and Staff

Board Memebers

  • John M. Gibson, President
  • Terry Soult, Vice President
  • Ben Eddy, Treasurer
  • Mark Longotti, Attorney
  • Bill Bollinger
  • Judy Nashtock

Cemetery Staff

  • David A. Hinkson, Superintendent
  • Karen Galus, Secretery
  • Rob Rodemoyer, Caretaker


<